Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Catching Up




OK, I get NO points for keeping up my posts for the last couple of weeks. So sue me.

It's been a frenzy of getting packed, traveling here, and attempting to start to get into some sort of routine. But it's starting to come together.

The first couple of days were just a blur. So many things to remember to do, to plan, to worry about.
Construction is coming along well. I'm having a local contractor deal with the work that needs a crew - foundation, framing, siding. The slab for the garage was poured last Thursday (the morning of the day that I arrived),
This is what it looked like upon my arrival:


By yesterday evening:




And just now:







First floor walls are up, the beam that holds up the center of the upstairs is up, and the second floor joists are about half installed.

Amazing what a crew of people who know what they're doing can accomplish in short order....


No comments: